Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/08/13 17:33:42 UTC

Re[2]: unpackwars-"true" ??

Hello Mehdi,

This is a known bug/feature.  Don't remember which bug in Apache's bug
database, but you should either be able to find it by search the list
archives or searching the Apache bug database.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&r=1&w=2
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/index.html

I can kind of understand why it doesn't do it automatically since the
<Context> element configuration could point directly to the .war file
itself making the unpacking an extra unneeded step.  However, I would
think that if the docBase attribute points to a directory, Tomcat
could look for the referenced directory.  If that doesn't exist, it
could then look for a .war file of the same name as the referenced
directory (minus .war) at the same directory level as would
contain the referenced directory and unpack it just like Tomcat
normally does when the <Context> element doesn't exist.

Jake

Tuesday, August 13, 2002, 10:07:24 AM, you wrote:

MNbc> Heres a quick turnaround for you !

MNbc> I upgraded to tomcat 4.0.4.  it appears not to have changed my server.xml
MNbc> file, and everything works still, which is nice.

MNbc> Everything appart from unpackwars="true" that is :(, my war file is still
MNbc> not unpacking

MNbc> http://localhost/struts/blablabla gives a 404.

MNbc> any more ideas ?

MNbc> Mehdi

MNbc> Mehdi.Nejad@bluewave.com
MNbc> 13/08/2002 15:49
MNbc> Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

MNbc>         To:     "Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
MNbc>         cc:
MNbc>         Subject:        RE: unpackwars-"true"  ??

MNbc> ** Does the name of the context, as specified in the <context> element of
MNbc> server.xml, match the war file name?

MNbc> the answer is no it doesnt, but neither does the example that works in the

MNbc> default webapps folder, i just specified localhost/jarname - and it
MNbc> extracted and worked.

MNbc> I shall upgradeTomcat - your right...

MNbc> Mehdi

MNbc> "Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com>
MNbc> 13/08/2002 15:42
MNbc> Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

MNbc>         To:     "Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
MNbc>         cc:
MNbc>         Subject:        RE: unpackwars-"true"  ??

MNbc> Hi,

>>Now, I place a war file in the default webapps folder, and as id
MNbc> expect,
>>it is unpacked.  However, it is not unpacked in the context which i
MNbc> create
>>!.. all other things appear to work fine.

MNbc> Does the name of the context, as specified in the <context> element of
MNbc> server.xml, match the war file name?

MNbc> Also, consider upgrading to 4.0.4 to get the latest bugfixes ;)  Should
MNbc> be a trivial move from 4.0.2 to 4.0.4.

MNbc> Yoav Shapira
MNbc> Millennium ChemInformatics

MNbc> --
MNbc> To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>