Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/04/24 17:59:30 UTC

[VOTE] uimaj sdk 3.0.0 beta rc1

Hi,

Here's the beta release, next one should be a regular release :-) .

The fixes since alpha02 were around improving the migration tool's use of
classpath for decompiling and compiling, and making the launchers including the
default logging framework that was being used by version 2. Also, the FSIndex
interface was updated to include a default implementation of the stream()
method, for better integration of UIMA indexes with streams.

List of changes:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20UIMA%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.0.0SDK-beta

Maven artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1139/

Source and binary zip/tar staged to:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uv3/uimaj/3.0.0-beta-rc1/artifacts/

Eclipse updatesite (use directly) staged to:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uv3/uimaj/3.0.0-beta-rc1/uimaj-v3-pre-production/

SVN tag: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uv3/uimaj-v3/tags/uimaj-3.0.0-beta/

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0   Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

Thanks.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] [CANCEL] uimaj sdk 3.0.0 beta rc1

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Due to bug in v3-migrate code found by Burn's testing.

-Marshall

Re: [VOTE] uimaj sdk 3.0.0 beta rc1

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
signatures OK

compare source-release with svn tag: OK

installed from bin distr, ran adjust example paths, ran doc analyzer, looked at
results with viewer OK

install into Eclipse, make a type system descriptor in a new project, run
jcasgen, OK

build from sources - OK

api change report OK

issues fixed OK

License and Notice - no change from 2.9.0

Spot check repository.apache.org for license/notice: OK

[X] +1 OK to release

-Marshall Schor

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Burn got an array out of bounds exception trying to run the v3 migration tool;
this is coming from inside the java parser (a dependency), where I had upgraded
the version to the current one for this release (maybe a bad idea)...  Since
then I see it's had several more version upgrades...

Investigating. -Marshall

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
compared svn-tag to source-release - OK
- only the usual diff and the api report
mvn clean install svn-tag - OK
mvn clean install source-release - OK
spot checked issues, UIMA-5260 is missing in report - not a blocker for me
spot checked license/notice/release-notes - OK
API report contains absolute paths and compares rc to 2.9.0 (instead of
2.10.0 or alpha02) - not a blocker for me
spot checked signatures - OK
installed features Eclipse Neon 3 - OK
tested editors - OK

[X] +1 OK to release