Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by David Graham <dg...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/21 00:13:48 UTC

[validator] making dtds available on the website

Currently we turn off digester validation when reading validation.xml
documents.  I think we should enable this so users know when they make
syntax errors and I couldn't think of a reason not to.  The problem is that
we register the dtds locally under a /resources directory that doesn't exist
until you build the validator project.  So, digester goes out to the web to
find the dtd but we only have the validator_1_0.dtd available here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_0.dtd

I would like to make similar urls for the 1_0_1 and 1_1 dtds.  How do we
update the website?

Thanks,
David

Re: [validator] making dtds available on the website

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
David Graham wrote:

> Currently we turn off digester validation when reading validation.xml
> documents.  I think we should enable this so users know when they make
> syntax errors and I couldn't think of a reason not to.  The problem is
> that we register the dtds locally under a /resources directory that
> doesn't exist until you build the validator project.  So, digester
> goes out to the web to find the dtd but we only have the
> validator_1_0.dtd available here:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_0.dtd
>
> I would like to make similar urls for the 1_0_1 and 1_1 dtds.  How do
> we update the website?

Since Validator reads the DTD from the Jar file why do we need the web
site version ?
Is that just for XML editors so they can check the Validity ?

Re: [validator] making dtds available on the website

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 20 May 2003, David Graham wrote:

> Currently we turn off digester validation when reading validation.xml
> documents.  I think we should enable this so users know when they make
> syntax errors and I couldn't think of a reason not to.  The problem is that
> we register the dtds locally under a /resources directory that doesn't exist
> until you build the validator project.  So, digester goes out to the web to
> find the dtd but we only have the validator_1_0.dtd available here:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dtds/validator_1_0.dtd
>
> I would like to make similar urls for the 1_0_1 and 1_1 dtds.  How do we
> update the website?

Ask and ye shall receive. ;-)

Done. The web site now has 1.0, 1.0.1 and 1.1 DTDs.

--
Martin Cooper