Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sabitha Gopal Pandit <Sa...@Chordiant.com> on 2009/04/08 14:02:43 UTC

tag causes deadlock on weblogic 9.2 cluster

Hi ALL,

We are facing this strange issue. We are in the release phase of our
application.

Any .jspx containing

<trh:script> tag causes deadlock on weblogic 9.2 cluster when used with
el-impl-1.0.jar.

The same trinidad version is working fine when used with old
el-ri-1.0.jar.

Note: Every thing works fine if deployed on non-clustered weblogic
environment.

Environment Details:

trinidad-api-1.0.10.jar

trinidad-impl-1.0.10.jar

el-api-1.0.jar

el-impl-1.0.jar

jsf-facelets-1.1.14.jar

Quick response is very highly appreciated

Thanks,

Sabitha

Re: tag causes deadlock on weblogic 9.2 cluster

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Sabitha,

I wonder if you could upload a simple re-producable test-case.
The Weblogic folks asked for that on an internal bug. Also is
this true on Weblogic 10? I guess you have not tried that,
which is fine ;-)

-Matthias

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Sabitha,
>
> can you take a look at the bug ?
> Max Starets added a comment.
>
> Thx,
> Matthias
>
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Sabitha Gopal Pandit
> <Sa...@chordiant.com> wrote:
>> I have raised TRINIDAD-1450 for this issue
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sabitha

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
so, it is perhaps an issue in the EL.
can you see where it fails ?

If it is an issue in the EL, I guess we can't do much here...

-Matthias

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Sabitha Gopal Pandit
<Sa...@chordiant.com> wrote:

> Its very strange that only with the upgraded version of the EL jars we are facing this issue. With the earlier version of EL i.e el-ri.jar and el-api.jar everything worked fine.
> Both the versions of the jar were deployed on same version of the weblogic
>
> Thanks,
> Sabitha

Matthias Wessendorf

<Sa...@chordiant.com> wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> We tried the same but didn't work for us
>
> Thanks,
> Sabitha

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Rupak Kumar Sah <Ru...@Chordiant.com>.
Forgot to mention the jira no. It's
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1450

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

<Sa...@chordiant.com> wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> We tried the same but didn't work for us
>
> Thanks,
> Sabitha

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Sabitha Gopal Pandit <Sa...@Chordiant.com>.
Hi Matthias,

<Sa...@chordiant.com> wrote:
> I have raised TRINIDAD-1450 for this issue
>
> Thanks,
> Sabitha

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
saw it ;-)

thanks!

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> [...]
>>        weblogic.rjvm.BasicOutboundRequest.sendReceive(BasicOutboundRequest.java:109)
>>        weblogic.rmi.internal.BasicRemoteRef.invoke(BasicRemoteRef.java:223)
>>        weblogic.cluster.replication.ReplicationManager_920_WLStub.create(Unknown Source)
>>        weblogic.cluster.replication.ReplicationManager.trySecondary(ReplicationManager.java:658)
>>        weblogic.cluster.replication.ReplicationManager.createSecondary(ReplicationManager.java:630)
>>        weblogic.cluster.replication.ReplicationManager.updateSecondary(ReplicationManager.java:556)
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.session.ReplicatedSessionData.syncSession(ReplicatedSessionData.java:516)
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.session.ReplicatedSessionContext.sync(ReplicatedSessionContext.java:82)
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$SessionHelper.syncSession(ServletRequestImpl.java:2485)
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$SessionHelper.syncSession(ServletRequestImpl.java:2460)
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl.send(ServletResponseImpl.java:1279)
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1353)
>>        weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
>>        weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)
>>>
>> <Apr 10, 2009 1:43:49 PM IST> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000337> <[STUCK] ExecuteThread: '2' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)' has been busy for "608" seconds working on the request "Http Request: /Advisor/iAdvisorWeb/bundles/ic/skins/FND/images/cafebad.gif", which is more than the configured time (StuckThreadMaxTime) of "600" seconds. Stack trace:
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.session.ReplicatedSessionContext.getSessionInternal(ReplicatedSessionContext.java:375)
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$SessionHelper.getValidSession(ServletRequestImpl.java:2521)
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$SessionHelper.getSessionInternal(ServletRequestImpl.java:2090)
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$SessionHelper.getSession(ServletRequestImpl.java:2057)
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getSession(ServletRequestImpl.java:1189)
>>        weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule$SessionRetrievalAction.run(SecurityModule.java:535)
>>        weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
>>        weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
>>        weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.getUserSession(SecurityModule.java:426)
>>        weblogic.servlet.security.internal.ServletSecurityManager.checkAccess(ServletSecurityManager.java:81)
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:1920)
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1890)
>>        weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1344)
>>        weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
>>        weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

<Ru...@chordiant.com> wrote:
> [...]
>        weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule$SessionRetrievalAction.run(SecurityModule.java:535)
>        weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
>        weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
>        weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.getUserSession(SecurityModule.java:426)
>        weblogic.servlet.security.internal.ServletSecurityManager.checkAccess(ServletSecurityManager.java:81)
>        weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:1920)
>        weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1890)
>        weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1344)
>        weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
>        weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

Matthias Wessendorf

<Sa...@chordiant.com> wrote:
> I have raised TRINIDAD-1450 for this issue
>
> Thanks,
> Sabitha

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Sabitha,

<Sa...@chordiant.com> wrote:
> I have raised TRINIDAD-1450 for this issue
>
> Thanks,
> Sabitha

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Sabitha Gopal Pandit <Sa...@Chordiant.com>.

<Sa...@chordiant.com> wrote:
> Can I know the URL to create the JIRA?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD

-M

> Thanks,
> Sabitha

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
<Sa...@chordiant.com> wrote:
> Can I know the URL to create the JIRA?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD

-M

> Thanks,
> Sabitha

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Sabitha Gopal Pandit <Sa...@Chordiant.com>.

<Sa...@chordiant.com> wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> As part facelets1.1.14 the el jars which earlier was el-ri.jar is now
> el-impl.jar
>
> We have identified that any JSF page with the <trh:script> which is used
> to load javascripts  is causing this.
>
> Simple JSF page works.
>
> Error observed on console. In the JSF page we get an error when we try
> to load the pm.js using the tag
>
>  INFO: Added Library from:
> zip:/export/vol02/CFS_Cluster/user_projects/domains/Cluster_AutoDomain/.
> /servers/ManagedServer_1/stage/chordiant/chordiant/Advisor/WEB-INF/lib/t
> rinidad-impl-1.0.10.jar!/META-INF/trh.taglib.xml
> <Apr 3, 2009 5:03:36 PM IST> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000337>
> <[STUCK] ExecuteThread: '5' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default
> (self-tuning)' has been busy for "616" seconds working on the request
> "Http Request:
> /Advisor/iAdvisorWeb/bundles/profilemanager/scripts/pm.js", which is
> more than the configured time (StuckThreadMaxTime) of "600" seconds.
> Stack trace:
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.session.ReplicatedSessionContext.getSessionInt
> ernal(ReplicatedSessionContext.java:375)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$SessionHelper.getValidSessi
> on(ServletRequestImpl.java:2521)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$SessionHelper.getSessionInt
> ernal(ServletRequestImpl.java:2090)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$SessionHelper.getSession(Se
> rvletRequestImpl.java:2057)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getSession(ServletRequestIm
> pl.java:1189)
>
> weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule$SessionRetrievalAction
> .run(SecurityModule.java:535)
>
> weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSu
> bject.java:321)
>
> weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121
> )
>
> weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.getUserSession(Securit
> yModule.java:426)
>
> weblogic.servlet.security.internal.ServletSecurityManager.checkAccess(Se
> rvletSecurityManager.java:81)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServ
> letContext.java:1920)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletCont
> ext.java:1890)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java
> :1344)
>            weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
>            weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181
>
> Thanks,
> Sabitha

Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hey Sabitha,

<Sa...@chordiant.com> wrote:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> As part facelets1.1.14 the el jars which earlier was el-ri.jar is now
> el-impl.jar
>
> We have identified that any JSF page with the <trh:script> which is used
> to load javascripts  is causing this.
>
> Simple JSF page works.
>
> Error observed on console. In the JSF page we get an error when we try
> to load the pm.js using the tag
>
>  INFO: Added Library from:
> zip:/export/vol02/CFS_Cluster/user_projects/domains/Cluster_AutoDomain/.
> /servers/ManagedServer_1/stage/chordiant/chordiant/Advisor/WEB-INF/lib/t
> rinidad-impl-1.0.10.jar!/META-INF/trh.taglib.xml
> <Apr 3, 2009 5:03:36 PM IST> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000337>
> <[STUCK] ExecuteThread: '5' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default
> (self-tuning)' has been busy for "616" seconds working on the request
> "Http Request:
> /Advisor/iAdvisorWeb/bundles/profilemanager/scripts/pm.js", which is
> more than the configured time (StuckThreadMaxTime) of "600" seconds.
> Stack trace:
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.session.ReplicatedSessionContext.getSessionInt
> ernal(ReplicatedSessionContext.java:375)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$SessionHelper.getValidSessi
> on(ServletRequestImpl.java:2521)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$SessionHelper.getSessionInt
> ernal(ServletRequestImpl.java:2090)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl$SessionHelper.getSession(Se
> rvletRequestImpl.java:2057)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getSession(ServletRequestIm
> pl.java:1189)
>
> weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule$SessionRetrievalAction
> .run(SecurityModule.java:535)
>
> weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSu
> bject.java:321)
>
> weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121
> )
>
> weblogic.servlet.security.internal.SecurityModule.getUserSession(Securit
> yModule.java:426)
>
> weblogic.servlet.security.internal.ServletSecurityManager.checkAccess(Se
> rvletSecurityManager.java:81)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServ
> letContext.java:1920)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletCont
> ext.java:1890)
>
> weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java
> :1344)
>            weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
>            weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181
>
> Thanks,
> Sabitha

Matthias Wessendorf

--