Posted to user-cs@ibatis.apache.org by Alexey Boroday <a....@procreditbank.com.ua> on 2004/11/15 09:57:06 UTC

Two client modifies one record

Hello

 Could you help me please - I'm developing multiuser client-server
application. Two users could edit one record at one time - how could I
prevent this?

1user - get object data on the screen
2user - get object data on the screen
1user - edit
2user - edit
1user - press OK and data are being saved to the database via update
statement .
2user - press OK and overwrites data, posted by 1user.

 I'd like to add field (integer or timestamp) to the table and make it as
"marker" that helps determine before run update statement - is it the same
record that was read or not.

1user - get object data on the screen
2user - get object data on the screen
1user - edit
2user - edit
1user - press OK. iBATIS checks that marker in the object are the same that
was read from DB. Data are being saved to the database via update statement.
Field that I call "marker" is being incremented.
2user - press OK. iBATIS checks that marker in the object are the same that
was read from DB
But the value is not the same and exception is being throwing - because data
was changed.

 Is there such functionality in the iBATIS or I should write it by yourself?

--
Thank you

This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.
If you believe you are not an intended recipient, please inform the sender,
delete the e-mail and do not copy, print or use it or disclose it to others.
You can inform the sender by replying to this e-mail or by telephone (+380 44 4906080).