Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/10 20:57:38 UTC

A few updates on 1.1.0 release progress

Hi!

I've done a bit of prep work over the weekend and
now I'm pushing towards having us release two
profiles once we release: hadoop_1 and hadoop_2.
Both are currently building on our Jenkins:
    https://builds.apache.org/view/E-G/view/Giraph/job/Giraph-trunk-default-deploy/
    https://builds.apache.org/view/E-G/view/Giraph/job/Giraph-trunk-hadoop2-deploy/

Both of the jobs are now deploying Maven snapshots
for 1.1.0 so we are good there.

The Hadoop 2 profile is still failing tests when it comes to
I/O formats where the dependency artifacts for Hadoop 2
are not available. HBase, Hive, etc are still built against
Hadoop 1 (at least the versions we're currently using).
The rest of the unit tests (giraph-core, examples) are fine
and they pass:
   https://builds.apache.org/view/E-G/view/Giraph/job/Giraph-trunk-hadoop2-deploy/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

This is, obviously, not ideal for the release activities
since I can't just use the state of our unit tests for
hadoop_2 profile as part of our release criteria.
Thus I'd like to propose that we disable the I/O tests
on Jenkins (for now) and I'll just run them via Bigtop
Jenkins job.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. I've also disabled all of the other profile Jenkins jobs
for now. First of all, all of them have been failing for pretty
much ever. And second of all, as far as Giraph 1.1.0 release
goes the only two profiles I'll be paying attention to (re:
quality) are hadoop_1 and hadoop_2.