Posted to scout-dev@ws.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2005/02/21 00:36:20 UTC

Scout problems, was: ANN: Geronimo 1.0-M3 Release

on user@geronimo.apache.org, Mark Stang wrote:
> I think the error that you are referring to is the dependency on the
> scout jar.  I probably should have been clearer, but I was frustrated.
> The error I listed in my e-mail was the second error.
>
> The very first thing you build is the scout jar for the reasons they
> specify.  However, that jar didn't build.

I just tried to build a clean version of Scout from HEAD and those tests
failed for me as well; in addition some of the others that reported that
they passed also logged errors to System.err. All of the errors refer to
"connection refused"

My guess would be that the tests need a jUUDI registry running
somewhere, or possibly that a firewall problem is preventing access to
it. If so, this should perhaps be documented somewhere.

You can ignore these errors by setting maven.test.skip=true when
building it, or you can obtain a pre-built jar from

http://cvs.apache.org/repository/scout/jars/scout-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

--
Jeremy

Re: Scout problems, was: ANN: Geronimo 1.0-M3 Release

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.
yes, there are tests that need a live system to test against.

I was going to document.  This motivates me more...

geir@gluecode.com

Re: Scout problems, was: ANN: Geronimo 1.0-M3 Release

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@4quarters.com>.

geir@gluecode.com