Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by kranga <kr...@k2d2.org> on 2005/01/06 04:23:29 UTC

Component initialization

Is there a way to ensure that a component is properly initialized() (similar
to initialize() method for pages?). Are components pooled the same way as
pages? I have an arrayList in a component that should be cleared before use
in a request cycle? How do I guarantee that?

Thanks

Re: Component initialization

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
I don't believe components are pooled.  A component's instance variable
would not be retained from one use to the next.  (Nor would a non-persistent
property be stored in the session, of course.)  It's an easy thing to verify
though.