Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mark <el...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/08 17:22:37 UTC

Camel websocket ping/pong

I am implementing a route that uses the websocket component.  I'd like to
keep a socket connection open for an extended period of time, in many
instances upwards to a day.  Reading through the IETF documentation for
websocket
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hybi-thewebsocketprotocol-13#page-37
there is a ping/pong functionality that exists in the spec.

My question is, does Camel leverage this functionality and is there
something that I'm not seeing available to me to send out pings to keep the
connection open?  I see the maxIdleTime config parameter for the websocket
component, so is that my only option?

Thanks,
Mark