Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Joe Futrelle <fu...@ncsa.uiuc.edu> on 2005/07/28 21:10:48 UTC

[m2] scp intermittently failing deploying artifact

Not sure if this has been reported before, but some of the time
deploying artifacts fails during the scp transfer. The bottom of the
stack trace is reproduced below. This is with Maven 2 alpha 3 and JDK
1.5 under Red Hat 9. If I run the m2 deploy enough times, it
succeeds; not sure why.

This is not an unknown issue with Jsch; apparently client code can
cause behavior like this if it doesn't dispose of connections properly.

Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.TransferFailedException: Error
occured while deploying 'ncsa/gsbt/1.0-SNAPSHOT/
gsbt-1.0-20050728.190330-38.pom.sha1' to remote repository: scp://
chasm.ncsa.uiuc.edu//home/futrelle/m2/repository
         at org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.ScpWagon.put
(ScpWagon.java:331)
         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.putRemoteFile
(DefaultWagonManager.java:167)
         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.putArtifact
(DefaultWagonManager.java:91)
         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.deployer.DefaultArtifactDeployer.deploy
(DefaultArtifactDeployer.java:73)
         ... 17 more
Caused by: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: session is down
         at com.jcraft.jsch.Channel.connect(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.ssh.ScpWagon.put
(ScpWagon.java:271)
         ... 20 more

--
Joe Futrelle
Digital Library Technologies, NCSA

Re: [m2] scp intermittently failing deploying artifact

Posted by Joe Futrelle <fu...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>.
As far as I can tell it's not the same issue as 476, so I've opened a
bug.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-678

Posted by Yann Le Du <le...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.