Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Michael Held <he...@cenix-bioscience.com> on 2002/08/29 10:10:21 UTC

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

hello,

I was running JMeter in a long over-night test to get real-life load times from
my server (just two threads with enough think time).
After ca 5000 HTTP test samples I got a 'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError'. All
listener data is stored (NO test mode) and each has a size of about 2MB. Both
client and server have 1GB of RAM, this would not be the problem...
Unfortunately I can not see any error output or debug information to give you a
stack trace of possible exceptions.

I am working with 'nightly-build 2002-08-27' but this error occured also with
the latest release 1.7.3.
When I delete all *dat and *jtl the test plan works fine again.

Thanks
Michael

Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Have you upped the memory available to the JVM?  Java only takes memory up to
a certain limit, even if your machine has 1GB.

And which visualizers are you using?  Some visualizers require more memory than
others.

-Mike

On 29 Aug 2002 at 10:10, Michael Held wrote:

> hello,
>
> I was running JMeter in a long over-night test to get real-life load times from
> my server (just two threads with enough think time).
> After ca 5000 HTTP test samples I got a 'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError'. All
> listener data is stored (NO test mode) and each has a size of about 2MB. Both
> client and server have 1GB of RAM, this would not be the problem...
> Unfortunately I can not see any error output or debug information to give you a
> stack trace of possible exceptions.
>
> I am working with 'nightly-build 2002-08-27' but this error occured also with
> the latest release 1.7.3.
> When I delete all *dat and *jtl the test plan works fine again.
>
> Thanks
> Michael

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org