Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/08 15:44:24 UTC

Further test documents from POI

Hi,

I have searched for test documents, especially for OOXML and stumbled
over the test-data [1] from our Apache friends of the POI project.

They have test documents for document [2], spreadsheet [3], slideshow
[3] and more ... not all are useful for us but I think it is worth to
check it.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/test-data/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/test-data/document
[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/test-data/spreadsheet
[4] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/test-data/slideshow

Juergen

Re: Further test documents from POI

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 12/15/13 10:50 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 08/11/2013 Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>> I have searched for test documents, especially for OOXML and stumbled
>> over the test-data [1] from our Apache friends of the POI project.
>> [1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/test-data/
>
> They are good resources and we can use them. We should just be careful
> in not adding those to our released materials (it's unlikely, as they
> are just test documents), since a recent discussion on legal-discuss
> showed that not all of them are under AL2. In some cases, as it may
> happen for our import issues, the file is attached to Bugzilla by a user
> and not by the original author, and it is taken from there.
>
> See http://markmail.org/thread/hqzyykczuihm7fy4 for more.

We will never include test files in a source release and of course never
in a binary. They should used for testing only and can be used fro their
directly. No duplication is necessary and of course not proposed or
recommended.

Juergen

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.