Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Zack Glennie <za...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/20 10:07:22 UTC

Is it really dangerous to run the Dev version of AOO on my main workstation?

The Apache pages warn against running Dev-AOO on a production machine, and
suggest a spare computer or virtualization through Virtualbox.

In my current situation, core OS corruption would be inconvenient but not
disastrous. I am tempted to just run Dev-AOO directly. If am comfortable
doing this if the odds of OS corruption are less than 1% per week (or,
around 1% per 10 hours of using AOO).

So, given this level of risk tolerance, should I install Dev-AOO directly?

Zack

--
tel:+972 054 2914692
http://zglen.com

Re: Is it really dangerous to run the Dev version of AOO on my main workstation?

Posted by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zark,

  You can try AOO-Dev build on your machine directly, I don't think
application will crash your system.

--

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: Is it really dangerous to run the Dev version of AOO on my main workstation?

Posted by Zack Glennie <za...@gmail.com>.
Excellent, thank you!

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.