Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/11 08:04:26 UTC

Better release notes for ActiveMQ releases

Hi

In the release notes for 5.10, there is only 2 items listened about
hardening X and Y
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-5100-release.html

As its a long time since 5.9.0 was released, we know there is more to
it, than just hardening X and Y in this release.

So this is a plea from me, and other users of AMQ, can you guys please
start adding details to the release notes during development.

It gets harder to promote ActiveMQ when a new release comes out and
nobody knows what is included now.

Its just much easier to write the release notes, if developers had
added a tidbit to the docs during development, if the person though
that the change was noteworthy.

Now you can just look in the JIRAs would people say, but that is hard.
Also when people blog/tweet et all about a new ActiveMQ release, then
they need more details than just this.

I have noticed that when we do new Camel releases, then many news
sites and others write small articles about the new release, and use
the information from the release notes to say something about the
highlights.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

-

Re: Better release notes for ActiveMQ releases

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
I think we have a decent release page now
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-5100-release.html

Thanks Claus.

Regards
--