Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ryan Svihla <rs...@foundev.pro> on 2015/01/06 18:52:57 UTC

Re: Reload/resync system.peers table

auto_bootstrap: false shouldn't help here any more than true.

So when I had this issue before in prod I've actually just executed delete
statements to the bogus nodes, this however only solved a symptom (the
ghosts came back) and the issue was a bug (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-7122)

I just checked with the C* team at DataStax it appears this is a sane
approach (delete statement)

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 3:04 PM, Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 8:41 AM, Paulo Ricardo Motta Gomes <
> paulo.motta@chaordicsystems.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there any automatic way of reloading/resyncing the system.peers table?
>> Or the only way is by removing ghost nodes?
>>

> You could delete its contents, drain, and then restart the node with
> auto_bootstrap:false, which should (?) rediscover only the live nodes.
>
> Probably best to be sure to specify initial_token here, though I'm not
> sure if that's just FUD talking...
>
> =Rob

Ryan Svihla