Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2019/01/02 12:25:27 UTC

Re: [csv] Slicing through CSVRecords

Hi Siegfried,

Happy New Year btw.!

On 31.12.18 15:34, Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> somehow I’m working a lot with ad-hoc scripting and commons-csv  and it would be helpful to have additional functionality slicing through CSV records, e.g.
>
> * group CSVRecord by the value of column
> * get a list of distinct values from a column
>
> No rocket science but to avoid typing the same code over and over
>
> * has anyone implemented that already and I’m just unaware of it
> * if not - could this be a valuable contribution?

I prefer SuperCSV (http://super-csv.github.io/super-csv/) for tasks like
this. It supports bean mapping and cell-processors which makes record
handling super easy.

Bye, Thomas

Re: [csv] Slicing through CSVRecords

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

Happy new year as well :-)

Had a quick look - yes, it is powerful but not what I’m looking for.

I guess I will code my stuff locally on top of Apache Commons CSV and look how it goes …

Thanks in advance,

Siegfried Goeschl