Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by sandipp <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/28 13:12:22 UTC

Base is null error in JSF

Hi All,

I am facing some strange problem while working with JSF.
I have created one project which is running fine.If I create another project
with another name(but same src/JSP's files) its giving me below error

I am getting error as,Base is null Error.

I am trying to login my application by entering username & password & then
click on login button.

But its showing me error as,

javax.servlet.ServletException: Base is null: loginFormBean
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:202)
org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:122)

where loginFormBean is name of my Bean in faces-config to accept username &
password values from client side.

I am using JDK1.5,Tomcat 5.5,Exadel

Also I have jar files in my lib folder as,
jsf-api.jar,jsf-impl.jar,myfaces-api.jar,myfaces-impl.jar,tomahawk.jar

If I remove jsf-api.jar,jsf-impl.jar these jar files its not showing Base is
null error.

But It is creating another problem.
I have edit link ,If i remove above two jar files then I have to double clik
that edit link then & then only edit page is opening.(It is not opening in
one click)
Similar case happening for buttons.I need to double click buttons.

But if above( jsf-api.jar,jsf-impl.jar ) jar files there then its showing
Base is null error.

Then I ,removed myfaces-api.jar,myfaces-impl.jar with
myfaces-api-1.1.5.jar,myfaces-impl-1.1.5.jar.
I removed jsf-api.jar,jsf-impl.jar files.
Now Base is null error is not coming.Also I do not need to double click on
edit link,buttons.

But to access menus I need to double click on menus.

Can anybody help me in this "Base is null" error.What need to do ?

Thanks
Sandip

Re: Base is null error in JSF

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
First of all, either use the myfaces jars or the sun jars.   You
cannot use both.
I'm guessing you probably have the wrong listener (or multiple
listeners) defined in your web.xml file.

So choose one JSF implementation and make sure your web.xml file is
correct.   If you're still having problems, post which implementation
you're using (and if you're asking here, it should be the myfaces
one), and then post your web.xml file.

Re: Base is null error in JSF

Posted by sandipp <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi ,

Do you have any idea/clue why its not finding "instance of beanName", as its
finding in my first project.

Thanks
Sandip

Re: Base is null error in JSF

Posted by "::SammyRulez::" <sa...@gmail.com>.
I do not use exdel. but sice you said that the first project worked it
must be a misconfiguration or something.

Any way the error happens when JSF variable resolutor finds a null
reference for the name in el.
if you have #{beanName.value} some where and variable resolutor find
no instance of beanName == beanName is null then you have error.

2007/5/29, sandipp <sa...@yahoo.com>:

> Hi Thanks for your reply,
>
> I checked for typo mistake many times.But it is 100% correct(Bean name
> in my JSp.)
> Also you said its realted to Exadel configuration.Can you please tell
> me what need to do while configuring in Exdel.
>
> Thanks
> sandip
>

> sandipp wrote:
> >

> > can anybody hep me in above ?Still I am not able to solve this problem.
> >
> > Thanks
> > sandip
> >

> > sandipp wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I am facing some strange problem while working with JSF.
> >> I have created one project which is running fine.If I create another
> >> project with another name(but same src/JSP's files) its giving me below
> >> error
> >>
> >> I am getting error as,Base is null Error.
> >>
> >> I am trying to login my application by entering username & password &
> >> then click on login button.
> >>
> >> But its showing me error as,
> >>
> >> javax.servlet.ServletException: Base is null: loginFormBean
> >> javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:202)
> >> org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:122)
> >>
> >> where loginFormBean is name of my Bean in faces-config to accept username
> >> & password values from client side.
> >> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>

> >> I am using JDK1.5,Tomcat 5.5,Exadel
> >>
> >> Also I have jar files in my lib folder as,
> >> jsf-api.jar,jsf-impl.jar,myfaces-api.jar,myfaces-impl.jar,tomahawk.jar
> >>

> >> If I remove jsf-api.jar,jsf-impl.jar these jar files its not showing Base
> >> is null error.
> >>
> >> But It is creating another problem.
> >> I have edit link ,If i remove above two jar files then I have to double
> >> clik that edit link then & then only edit page is opening.(It is not
> >> opening in one click)
> >> Similar case happening for buttons.I need to double click buttons.
> >>
> >> But if above( jsf-api.jar,jsf-impl.jar ) jar files there then its showing
> >> Base is null error.
> >> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> Then I ,removed myfaces-api.jar,myfaces-impl.jar with
> >> myfaces-api-1.1.5.jar,myfaces-impl-1.1.5.jar.
> >> I removed jsf-api.jar,jsf-impl.jar files.
> >> Now Base is null error is not coming.Also I do not need to double click
> >> on edit link,buttons.
> >>
> >> But to access menus I need to double click on menus.
> >>
> >> Can anybody help me in this "Base is null" error.What need to do ?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Sandip

::SammyRulez::
http://www.kyub.com/blog/
La programmazione è per un terzo interpretazione e per due terzi ispirazione.
 E per un terzo mistificazione

Re: Base is null error in JSF

Posted by sandipp <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Thanks for your reply,

Re: Base is null error in JSF

Posted by "::SammyRulez::" <sa...@gmail.com>.
it is not a myfaces problem, it iss a exadel studio isconfiguration or
your typo.

It happen to me when I mistype the name of the managed bean in the jsp.
(actualy it do not happen anymore since my ide validate thath before
running the app server)

Re: Base is null error in JSF

Posted by sandipp <sa...@yahoo.com>.