Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2016/08/26 08:27:21 UTC

[FlexJS] AMF support starting with in ECMAScript6?

Hi,

I am currently working on my FlexJS Talks slides and as part of that I am discussing the History of ECMAScript. While digging up the changes in ECMAScript, I noticed that version 6 introduced typed arrays. It sounds to me as if this would be great to start working on AMF support in FlexJS.

Think this could be a nice excercise for me during the autumn and winter months ;-)

Do we have the ability to provide functionality based on the capabilities of the browser?

Chris

Re: AW: [FlexJS] AMF support starting with in ECMAScript6?

Posted by Fréderic Cox <co...@gmail.com>.
That would be massive! I use AMFPHP extensively and love it as it is so
fast and easy. For me this is a very important part of the Flex ecosystem.
Would like to help where I can

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 8/29/16, 1:45 AM, "Greg Dove" <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Chris, fyi the BinaryData class is now almost the same as as3 ByteArray
>except for the amf part missing: writeObject/readObject and amf0/amf3
>objectEncoding  iirc. I think the only other difference is multibyte text
>methods missing as well. So it could be a good candidate for adding the
>missing amf support to....or perhaps a subclass because I know Alex
>mentioned the need to keep lighter options available for 'pay as you go'
>approach.

Yes, definitely we should keep pay-as-you-go in mind.  I was wondering if
BinaryData could be used.  Sounds like it could be a good starting point.

I'd love to see AMF working in JS.  I think there is a serious chunk of
work in the writeObject/readObject but hopefully it can be encapsulated in
beads.

I do wonder how well AMF for JS will perform.  It certainly would ease
migration effort, but performance-wise, it makes the client run the object
conversion entirely in JS as opposed to sending some sort of JSON over and
having it converted by the browser runtime and then converted to objects.

-Alex

Re: AW: [FlexJS] AMF support starting with in ECMAScript6?

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

AW: [FlexJS] AMF support starting with in ECMAScript6?

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] AMF support starting with in ECMAScript6?

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.

--

Carlos Rovira
Director General

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] AMF support starting with in ECMAScript6?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.