Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Cole, Richard" <Ri...@G1.com> on 2007/10/18 22:05:30 UTC

Maven Development Process

I see how to use the assembly plugin to create my final artifact.
However, I am missing something. We develop a server that allows other
groups to write deployable components which can be deployed therein.
Since this is a standalone application, I have not seen anything that
explains the expected process for development time. For example, during
development, we will write code, launch the server, debug, rinse and
repeat. However, it looks like there is no documentation that explains
how this is supposed to be done in the maven environment. Everything is
geared toward deployable artifacts such as wars and ears. Are we
expected to use the assembly plugin and use the directory tasks to
create the dev application image? I don't want to create a zip and
expand it everytime I need to make a change. What is the standard way to
do this? Thanks!

Rick

NOTICE: This E-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not
the addressee or the intended recipient please do not read this E-mail
and please immediately delete this e-mail message and any attachments
from your workstation or network mail system. If you are the addressee
or the intended recipient and you save or print a copy of this E-mail,
please place it in an appropriate file, depending on whether
confidential information is contained in the message.

RE: Maven Development Process

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
You could use the exec-maven-plugin on codehaus, or even the
app-assembler.