Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Nathan J. Mehl" <jm...@memory.blank.org> on 2005/03/17 20:39:44 UTC

DNS round-robins and HTTP Request

A quick question:

How does the HTTP Request sampler deal with multiple IP addresses
being returned for the host it is being asked to query?  Does it pick
an address from the roundrobin once per test, once per thread, once
per thread iteration, or some other less obvious choice?

-n

Re: DNS round-robins and HTTP Request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:39:44 -0500, Nathan J. Mehl
<jm...@memory.blank.org> wrote:

> A quick question:
>
> How does the HTTP Request sampler deal with multiple IP addresses
> being returned for the host it is being asked to query?  Does it pick
> an address from the roundrobin once per test, once per thread, once
> per thread iteration, or some other less obvious choice?

I imagine it uses whatever it is given by the underlying JVM and OS
... the sampler itself just creates the HTTPUrlConnection and uses
that.