Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Darren Govoni <da...@ontrenet.com> on 2012/02/12 00:02:13 UTC

SolrJ + SolrCloud

Hi,
  Do all the normal facilities of Solr work with SolrCloud from SolrJ?
Things like /mlt, /cluster, facets , tvf's, etc.

Darren

Re: SolrJ + SolrCloud

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
No hard plans around that that at the moment, but when I free up some time I plan on looking at the JIRA issue I pointed to. Looks like a lot of the work may already be done.

- mark

On Feb 12, 2012, at 8:14 AM, Darren Govoni wrote:

> Thanks Mark. Is there any plan to make all the Solr search handlers work
> with SolrCloud, like MLT? That missing feature would prohibit us from
> using SolrCloud at the moment. :(
>
> On Sat, 2012-02-11 at 18:24 -0500, Mark Miller wrote:
>> On Feb 11, 2012, at 6:02 PM, Darren Govoni wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Do all the normal facilities of Solr work with SolrCloud from SolrJ?
>>> Things like /mlt, /cluster, facets , tvf's, etc.
>>>
>>> Darren
>>>

>> SolrJ works the same in SolrCloud mode as it does in non SolrCloud mode - it's fully supported. There is even a new SolrJ client called CloudSolrServer that has built in cluster awareness and load balancing.
>>
>> In terms of what is supported - anything that is supported with distributed search - that is most things, but there is the odd man out - like MLT - looks like an issue is open here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-788 but it's not resolved yet.
>>
>> - Mark Miller
>> lucidimagination.com

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com