Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org> on 2005/05/31 02:56:38 UTC

Blogger attacks SURBL

Pardon the dramatic title, but hopefully it got your attention.

This guy's domain got listed by Outblaze, we removed it, and as
thanks this guy paints us as irresponsible.  Please help us
straighten him out, gently:

http://blog.holtz.com/index.php/weblog/comments/blacklisting_blogs/

I gave it my shot.

Jeff C.
--
Don't harm innocent bystanders.

Re: Blogger attacks SURBL

Posted by "Martin G. Diehl" <md...@nac.net>.
Jeff Chan wrote:

> Pardon the dramatic title, but hopefully it got your attention.
>
> This guy's domain got listed by Outblaze, we removed it, and as
> thanks this guy paints us as irresponsible.  Please help us
> straighten him out, gently:
>
> http://blog.holtz.com/index.php/weblog/comments/blacklisting_blogs/
>
> I gave it my shot.
>
> Jeff C.
> --
> Don't harm innocent bystanders.

The way I read his response is that he stands against
SPAM and in favor of anti SPAM measures ...

*provided* he is not inconvenienced.

Re: Blogger attacks SURBL

Posted by Jonathan Nichols <jn...@pbp.net>.
Jeff Chan wrote:
> Pardon the dramatic title, but hopefully it got your attention.
>
> This guy's domain got listed by Outblaze, we removed it, and as
> thanks this guy paints us as irresponsible.  Please help us
> straighten him out, gently:
>
> http://blog.holtz.com/index.php/weblog/comments/blacklisting_blogs/
>
> I gave it my shot.

Ironic, considering that a lot of the "spam" I get is because of blogs.
I'm talking about URL referrer spamming. Some of my webstats have been
rendered totally useless thanks to these idiot referrer log spammers.
That all started because spammers latched onto the "TrackBack" feature
(the blogosphere method of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours") of
some popular blog software and ran with it.

Annoying stuff. :(

So, it would be interesting to see if this blogger posts updated
information letting his readers know exactly what happened in the end.

Re: Blogger attacks SURBL

Posted by "Martin G. Diehl" <md...@nac.net>.
[RESEND - was bounced by SURBL Discuss <di...@lists.surbl.org>]

Jeff Chan wrote:

 > Pardon the dramatic title, but hopefully it got your attention.
 >
 > This guy's domain got listed by Outblaze, we removed it, and as
 > thanks this guy paints us as irresponsible.  Please help us
 > straighten him out, gently:
 >
 >http://blog.holtz.com/index.php/weblog/comments/blacklisting_blogs/
 >
 > I gave it my shot.
 >
 > Jeff C.
 > --
 > Don't harm innocent bystanders.

The way I read his response is that he stands against
SPAM and in favor of anti SPAM measures ...

*provided* he is not inconvenienced.

--
Martin

Re: Blogger attacks SURBL

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
Sounds like with his attitude he'd be blacklisted here anyway.
{^_^}