Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Rao, Venkata" <vr...@edmunds.com> on 2008/12/01 23:59:16 UTC

hi

I want append a username and password to the portlet URL dynamically
.How can I do that?

Thanks & Regards,

Venkata NR Buragadda

 "Change your thoughts and you change your world"

Re: hi

Posted by Anand Kumar Kalyanasundaram <an...@CAVS.MsState.Edu>.
Hi Venkata,
Unless someone says otherwise, I don't
think any portlet engine would give you a user password. The
user password is checked against a one way hash and
forgotten immediately after login.

I am guessing you want to pass the user authentication info
to a different site. You might want to search
for some intersite or single sign-on authentication
mechanism.

Please use a more specific subject line while
posting to forums.

Anand