Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Ballist1c <le...@msn.com> on 2007/10/09 02:16:08 UTC

Google Maps and AJAX

Okay..... this is a follow up from my initial google maps query..

 i just figured out the problem ... what I am attempting to do is load
googles external javascript on AJAX page loads, and google does not like it.
I get this XMLHttpRequestOpen error which seems like google itself is
denying the request for their JS when the AJAX page gets loaded.

I have made a work around and loaded Googles Javascript from the absolute
parent Panel that initially gets loaded and all is fine.

I am curious however, has anyone figured out how to load the googlemaps
Javascript API only when its needed with AJAX panel loads... rather than

Re: Google Maps and AJAX

Posted by martinf <fu...@arcor.de>.
Hi,

how shure are you that its google not responding, have you been debugging in
into the http calls?
http://tamperdata.mozdev.org/
or
http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/
might be usefull for that.

http://maps.google.com/maps?file=api&amp;v=2&amp;key=abcdefg
which returns javascript to figure out wich map.js to load finally. In my
case
http://www.google.com/intl/de_ALL/mapfiles/90/maps2.api/main.js
is loaded.

Both calls are pretty robust, so I wouldn't be suprised if it's the client
no initiating those calls.

Martin

Re: Google Maps and AJAX

Posted by Ballist1c <le...@msn.com>.
Yep tried that... it compiles and deploys fine, but as soon as I try to
access an Ajaxified panel with the headerContributor that points to google,
it doesn't work.

Re: Google Maps and AJAX

Posted by Nino Saturnino Martinez Vazquez Wael <ni...@jayway.dk>.