Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/23 17:43:01 UTC

do the test cases work for anyone else?

I've always had some tests failing on most boxes I try; I wasn't sure
if everyone else got those or if they do work on some platforms?

On OS X I get these failures
    [junit] Test org.apache.zookeeper.test.AsyncTest FAILED
    [junit] Test org.apache.zookeeper.test.WatcherFuncTest FAILED

On a linux box (an EC2 box) I get these failures

    [junit] Test org.apache.zookeeper.test.ClientTest FAILED
    [junit] Test org.apache.zookeeper.test.QuorumTest FAILED

Maybe they all work on windows? :)

I tried adding an explicit forkmode="perTest" to the <junit> and I
still get the same results. Can anyone else get the tests to work on
linux or OS X?

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: do the test cases work for anyone else?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Here's the first issue with a patch...

2008/7/23 Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>:
> It's important to capture this type of information in jira.
>
> James Strachan wrote:
>>
>> FWIW I've ran the tests a few times; I think all these 4 tests have
>> timing failures in them. I've seen all of them fail on OS X at some
>> point. Sometimes only 2 will fail. On Linux I've seen just ClientTest
>> fail.
>>

>> 2008/7/23 Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>:
>>>
>>> I'm on ubuntu (hardy heron) and they work. Our CI machine has
>>> intermittent
>>> failures (solaris x86):

--
James
-------

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Makes sense. Feel free to do so.

mahadev

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
I'm on ubuntu (hardy heron) and they work. Our CI machine has
intermittent failures (solaris x86):
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/view/ZooKeeper/job/ZooKeeper-trunk/

there's some timing issue, what you're seeing is probably related to:

Frankly tests and docs are both areas that ZooKeeper could use _a lot_
of care and feeding. Tests in particular could use some refactoring and
a better implementation for launching/testing/stopping client/server tests.

As you're able to reproduce the issue reliably would you like to take on
61? Feel free to assign to yourself if so.

Regards,

Patrick