Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com> on 2008/07/16 07:42:24 UTC

Re: Problem of "chunked Transfer-Encoding forbidden"

Hi Bai

I am copying this reply to your email address directly this time, as I
see that you have not yet subscribed for the user list to receive our
replies.. please refer to http://synapse.apache.org/mail-lists.html to
subscribe

> I have received "Length Required" error from one of my server. It seems
> Synapse chopped off the Content-Lenght in the head.
>
> How can I fix it up?

By default Synapse uses HTTP 1.1 - chunked encoding, to achieve best
performance.. if you want to drop down to HTTP 1.0 and the
Content-Length encoding, set the following property before you send it out

<syn:property name="FORCE_HTTP_1.0" value="true" scope="axis2" />

> Another thing is the error "chunked Transfer-Encoding forbidden". Should
> I change some settings of this server, or I can modify Synapse to match
> the requirement of this sever?

Well what is the server / server software? It would be performing
sub-optimally if it doesn't understand chunked content.. looking at
enabling HTTP 1.1 / chunking on your server software would be the best
option for you

asankha
--
Asankha C. Perera