Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by gregw134 <gw...@hortonworks.com> on 2016/07/07 22:44:03 UTC

GetFile Regex issue

Hi,

The default file filter for GetFile is [^\.].* which only matches filenames
one character long. It should probably be changed to something like [^\.]*.*

Let me know if this is the wrong forum to post this.

Thanks,

Greg Womack
Solutions Engineer
Hortonworks

Re: GetFile Regex issue

Posted by gregw134 <gw...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Joe,

I couldn’t get it to work until I changed the regex to [^\.]*.*

I think the issue is [^\.] means any character, except ., exactly once. You can see this on regex101 (dot com).

If this is an issue, it also shows up in the ListFile processor.

Thanks,

Greg

From: "Joe Witt [via Apache NiFi Developer List]"
Date: Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 3:51 PM
To: default
Subject: Re: GetFile Regex issue

Greg,

[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=12711&i=0> is probably better but this is just fine.

My regex foo gets weaker by the day.  But I believe the regex says
"avoid things that start with '.' but accept anything else".

Looking here https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html

The [^ starts a character class as a negation of those characters.
And the .* says any character (typically excluding newlines) and any
number of them 0 or more.

Have you verified that it is not working?

Thanks
Joe

________________________________
http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/GetFile-Regex-issue-tp12710p12711.html
NAML<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: GetFile Regex issue

Posted by gregw134 <gw...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Joe,

Nevermind, I realized my mistake. The regex is fine.

Greg

From: "Joe Witt [via Apache NiFi Developer List]"
Date: Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 3:51 PM
To: default