Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Galbreath, Mark" <Ga...@tessco.com> on 2002/06/04 13:56:08 UTC

RE: related to: Re: #2 - Use DispatchAction to organize related operations

Chuck is absolutely correct on the linear progression of action processing.
I, too am overriding processPreprocess and it works beautifully.  Besides
increasing security, it cuts down on unnecessary CPU bandwidth.

Mark

Posted by Joseph Barefoot <jo...@hereuare.com>.
hmmm...we actually never use the automatic validation in Struts, preferring
to call validateXXX() methods in the ActionForm from the Action (creating
and adding to ActionErrors objects), so we can redirect to different pages
for different errors (potentially).  So the first thing that gets called
using this approach is our Action base class's perform() method, yes?  This
is where we enforce security, and then defer validation calls, redirection,
etc., to sub-classes.

> Chuck is absolutely correct on the linear progression of action
> processing.
> I, too am overriding processPreprocess and it works beautifully.  Besides
> increasing security, it cuts down on unnecessary CPU bandwidth.

By cutting down on CPU bandwidth, do you mean just because the ActionForm
validate() method will never be called for an unauthenticated user?

peace,
Joe Barefoot

Commons Logging Problem

Posted by Sanjay Choudhary <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Hi guys,

I am trying to use commons logging in my project.
It works perfectly fine until FormAction subclasses.
When I try to use a Business delegate class from
FormAction class and use commons logging in it, I get
a classcast exception.

I have tried making my Log log variable protected and
static also.

Am I missing something in the configuration? Please
help

Regards,
Sanjay