Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Giacomo Fiorentini <g....@esalab.it> on 2006/07/07 18:08:47 UTC

dispatching log to multiple file based on class

I retry to submit my question:

I need to create or configure existing log4net library so that I'll be able
to have a log file for each class I decide to log.

So briefly:   one log-file for each class. Is it possible with log4net ?
If yes how?

For example suppose I have 2 classes:

class C1 {
   protected static readonly ILog log = LogManager.GetLogger(typeof(C1 ));
    log.Debug(".... this write to C2.yyyymmdd.log ....");
}

class C2 {
   protected static readonly ILog log = LogManager.GetLogger(typeof(C2 ));
    log.Debug("... this must write to  C2.yyyymmdd.log file ...");
}

Is it possibile with the current release in some way?
If not, where can I start for building this type of logging behaviour ?

More, is it possible to obtain the following log file name pattern?
<full-namespace-class-name>.<yyyymmdd>.log

10x for any help.

Regards.

                        Giacomo Fiorentini