Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2006/06/30 15:47:01 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Mod_proxy, and ProxyPass not binding to the virtual host ip address

On 6/30/06, David Gianndrea <dg...@comsquared.com> wrote:
> In using this SSL VirtualHost config with the ProxyPass option
> we are seeing that the source IP address of the proxy request
> does not come from the VirtualHost 10.82.40.101, but from the
> main http server IP 10.82.40.100. Does anyone know why this would
> be or how to correct it?

I don't believe there is any way to configure apache to use a specific
IP address on outgoing requests.  It will simply use whatever the OS
gives it.

If you are using this info for authenticating the request, you should
get the vhost to add something to the request headers to confirm which
vhost it came from.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Mod_proxy, and ProxyPass not binding to the virtual host ip address

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 7/1/06, David Gianndrea <dg...@comsquared.com> wrote:
> No it is not an issue for us due to auth, but rather firewall
> rules. I wonder if an enhancement request would possible for
> the next release. Do you know the best way to submit such a
> request?

The bug database / issue tracker:
http://httpd.apache.org/bug_report.html

Requests like this are much more likely to be fulfilled when they come
with patch suggestions.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Mod_proxy, and ProxyPass not binding to the virtual host ip address

Posted by David Gianndrea <dg...@comsquared.com>.
No it is not an issue for us due to auth, but rather firewall
rules. I wonder if an enhancement request would possible for
the next release. Do you know the best way to submit such a
request?

Thanks for the quick response!