Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Qingshan Xie <xi...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/21 02:10:26 UTC

[users@httpd] child pid #### exit signal Bus error (10)

All,

  We have an apache-2.0.48 instance running on Solaris
8.  Got many errors as below:

...... child pid 28369 exit signal Bus error (10)

Can some one help me to debug this error and fix it?

Thanks!
Q.Xie

Re: [users@httpd] child pid #### exit signal Bus error (10)

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Qingshan Xie wrote:
>   We have an apache-2.0.48 instance running on Solaris
> 8.  Got many errors as below:
>
> ...... child pid 28369 exit signal Bus error (10)

I may be a bit rusty, but a bus error should be caused by an illegal memory
operation; eg. writing/reading a non-existent or protected memory address.
However, that should not happen when a "normal" process is using virtual
memory, as they don't use physical addresses. I could be totally wrong here,
though.

Might be a bad memory chip. Out of memory; both physical and swap. A bug in
the OS. Or, something else.

Regards,
Robert Andersson

RE: [users@httpd] child pid #### exit signal Bus error (10)

Posted by Qingshan Xie <xi...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ben Yau <by...@cardcommerce.com> wrote:

> I put in the following search string on
> groups.google.com
>
> exit signal Bus error (10)
>

> And most of the posts point to some misconfiguration
> wiht php or php/apache

Ben, thanks for your reply. I did the google search
before posting msg. onto this mailing alias.  Neither
could I find the useful info.

we did not use php module.  This this related to
mod_ssl.  but don't know how to debug.

Thanks again!
Q.Xie

Posted by Ben Yau <by...@cardcommerce.com>.