Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Emerson Cargnin <ec...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/31 04:07:00 UTC

failing examples on ubuntu

Hi

Trying to get started with servicemix, but seems like it doens't want to
work:

I'm using ubuntu, jdk1.6 with service mix 3.3.

When I copy the bridge example to the hotdeploy folder:
cp  ../examples/bridge/bridge-sa-3.3.zip ../hotdeploy/

I get:
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Initializing service unit:
bridge-eip-su
ERROR - JMSFlow                        - Cannot create consumer for
ServiceEndpoint[service={http://servicemix.apache.org/samples/bridge}pipeline,endpoint=endpoint]
org.apache.activemq.ConnectionFailedException: The JMS connection has
failed: java.io.EOFException
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.checkClosedOrFailed(ActiveMQConnection.java:1260)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.createSession(ActiveMQConnection.java:294)
	at org.apache.activemq.pool.SessionPool.createSession(SessionPool.java:108)
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Initializing service unit:
bridge-eip-su
ERROR - JMSFlow                        - Cannot create consumer for
ServiceEndpoint[service={http://servicemix.apache.org/samples/bridge}pipeline,endpoint=endpoint]
org.apache.activemq.ConnectionFailedException: The JMS connection has
failed: java.io.EOFException
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.checkClosedOrFailed(ActiveMQConnection.java:1260)
	at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.createSession(ActiveMQConnection.java:294)
	at org.apache.activemq.pool.SessionPool.createSession(SessionPool.java:108)

And that happens for all of the service units...
Any idea?

Regards
Emerson

Re: failing examples on ubuntu

Posted by Emerson Cargnin <ec...@gmail.com>.
I tried also to build/deploy using maven with the following command:

mvn install jbi:projectDeploy -Dmaven.test.skip=true

It actually builds and deploys to servicemix all fine.
In service mix it shows:
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Initializing service unit:
bridge-eip-su
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Initializing service unit:
bridge-xslt-su
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Initializing service unit:
bridge-jms-su
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Starting service unit:
bridge-http-su
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Starting service unit:
bridge-eip-su
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Starting service unit:
bridge-xslt-su
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Starting service unit:
bridge-jms-su
INFO  - JBIContainer                   - ServiceMix JBI Container
(ServiceMix) started

But when I try to send the message using either the client.html  jetty
returns a STATUS: 202.
I tried also to connect through soapui, but it doesn't work with
http://localhost:8192/bridge/main.wsdl

Do not want to complain or anything, but I tried a few months ago to play
with servicemix and it was the same thing, the examples that came with
service mix didn't work with itself.

Thanks a lot

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.
It sounds like something is wrong with the ActiveMQ broker within
ServiceMix.  I verified the 3.3 release and deployed the bridge-sa to it
with no problems so there must be something happening with your
environment.  The errors are coming from the JMSFlow or JCAFlow and those
are only needed if you are connecting to another SMX node, so you might try
commenting them out and just leaving the SEDAFlow enabled to do your
testing.  That will allow some time to figure out the other issue with AMQ.

Chris

--
Chris Custine

Posted by Emerson Cargnin <ec...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I have a last (sure won't be) doubt.

Updating a service assembly

I tried the exercise 2.6, adding the eip and the jms SUs.

How do I update a service assembly? The tutorial doesn't say anything about
it. I tried to do a mvn clean install and just redeploy from the sa folder.
It didn't seem like work though, as I couldn't see the queue/tutorial on the
org.apache.activemq

The only way I found was to shutdown the service assembly  through JMX
(Jconsole) and build and deploy again. Is there any other clean way?

thanks

Posted by Emerson Cargnin <ec...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys, thanks for all your answers.
I managed to work around this using mvn install jbi:projectDeploy.
But then, I just tried again,  and for my total embarrassment , it worked
perfectly :)

But I could feel how close and united this community is.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Emerson,

I have exactly the same setup with ubuntu and jdk 1.6 -- everything
works fine for me though.  As Chris suggested, disabling the JMS/JCA
Flow in the conf/servicemix.xml might be a workaround.  Are there any
other exceptions or warning messages in your log file that might give
us some indication as to what is going wrong?

Also, is there any other instance of ServiceMix or ActiveMQ running on
the network?  If so, you might want to try disabling multicast
discovery as explained in
http://servicemix.apache.org/javanetsocketexception-error-setting-options.html.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen