Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Da...@SunGardEBS.com on 2007/05/30 22:57:01 UTC

Ibiblio Issues

Is anyone having issues connecting to ibiblio lately?

Thanks,

David

Re: Ibiblio Issues

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
it was changed, and an email was sent to the list

On 5/31/07, Tamás Cservenák <t....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> David made a few mistypes :)
>
> a) he was asking for repo1.maven.org
>
> b) he had a long running proximity instance, which could not access
> repo1.maven.org as remote repo a few days ago. "Connection refused" was the
> exception he saw in proximity logs.
>
> Since then, the problem has been solved by restarting the server hosting
> proximity.
>
> It seems that a problem was changed IP addr of the repo1.maven.org (or some
> DNS record change?). Since Java JVM per default caches DNS results forever
> (unless configured to not do it, but this is not the default), in one
> moment, David's proximity started to make requests against bad (wrong IP)
> server that _was_ repo1.maven.org just before a few days. This is just an
> assumption.
>
> Any affirmation on changing the IP address of repo1.maven.org? Or anything
> DNS related? Anyone?
>
> ~t~
>

> On 5/31/07, Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > what do you mean with issues - I had two times the problems that Maven
> > tools were unable to process HTTP 302 indicating that the libraries were
> > moved.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Siegfried Goeschl
> >
> > DavidWilliams@SunGardEBS.com wrote:
> > > Is anyone having issues connecting to ibiblio lately?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > David

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

Re: Ibiblio Issues

Posted by Da...@SunGardEBS.com.
Tamas,

Thanks for passing the updated news on!!!

Jason,

Thanks for the mailing list info!!!  Where do you go to subscribe to this
list.  I did not see it on http://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html.

Thanks,

David

"Tamás Cservenák" <t....@gmail.com>
05/31/2007 01:46 PM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Ibiblio Issues

Hi,

Thank you both for the confirmation of this issue!

Thanx for the list info, Jason!

Have fun,
~t~

On 5/31/07, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:

> Yes, subscribe to repo-maintainers@maven.apache.org if you want to
> stay up on what's changing. There's a new machine for the central
> repository with a new RAID setup, faster disks and more memory.

_____________________________________
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This email (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system.  Thank
you.

Re: Ibiblio Issues

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <t....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Ibiblio Issues

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 31 May 07, at 2:22 PM 31 May 07, Tamás Cservenák wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> David made a few mistypes :)
>
> a) he was asking for repo1.maven.org
>
> b) he had a long running proximity instance, which could not access
> repo1.maven.org as remote repo a few days ago. "Connection refused"
> was the
> exception he saw in proximity logs.
>
> Since then, the problem has been solved by restarting the server
> hosting
> proximity.
>
> It seems that a problem was changed IP addr of the repo1.maven.org
> (or some
> DNS record change?). Since Java JVM per default caches DNS results
> forever
> (unless configured to not do it, but this is not the default), in one
> moment, David's proximity started to make requests against bad
> (wrong IP)
> server that _was_ repo1.maven.org just before a few days. This is
> just an
> assumption.
>
> Any affirmation on changing the IP address of repo1.maven.org? Or
> anything
> DNS related? Anyone?

Yes, subscribe to repo-maintainers@maven.apache.org if you want to
stay up on what's changing. There's a new machine for the central
repository with a new RAID setup, faster disks and more memory.

> ~t~
>

> On 5/31/07, Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> what do you mean with issues - I had two times the problems that
>> Maven
>> tools were unable to process HTTP 302 indicating that the
>> libraries were
>> moved.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Siegfried Goeschl
>>
>> DavidWilliams@SunGardEBS.com wrote:
>> > Is anyone having issues connecting to ibiblio lately?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > David

Jason

Jason van Zyl