Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Huang Xingang <mp...@nus.edu.sg> on 2003/04/10 03:49:37 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] apache connection to tomcat not understand all

You can make it by adding a line in your httpd.conf of apache

Alias /ecs "Your_ecs_path"

Just suppose that you already know how to load jk_module

On 2003-4-9 at 16:08 noel.jean-baptiste@courrier.uqam.ca wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have Apache which listening port 80 and tomcat 8080 and i have the
>context "ecs" which is protected for a protected connection ssl  and I
>have the context "martin".
>Thus I can make:
>http://localhost:8080/martin
>or
>http://localhost:8080/ecs and I am redirected automatically on
>https://localhost:8483/ecs
>up to now all is normal...
>My small questions...
>As Apache listens on port 80 and is connected to tomcat via mod_jk, I
>will have to be able to launch these URL without specifying the port?
>http://localhost/ecs
>or
>http://localhost/martin
>Isn't it?
>
>Also i do not understand my file server.xml :
>I was defined only one service:
>< Service name="Tomcat-Standalone "> with three connectors, HTTP,
>https, and AJP13:
><Connector
>className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
>port="8080" redirectPort="8443" ...  >
><Connector
>className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
>port="8443"... >
><Connector className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector"
>port="8009" redirectPort="8443" ...  >
>
>I wonder , connector AJP13 should not it be in a different service, by
>definition the service tomcat-standalone means that tomcat works
>alone, therefore it's appears illogical that a connector like AJP13
>which  connect apache and tomcat is in a service standalone!
>But it seems to work whereas i'am obliged to specify port in url.
>
>Thank you for your explanations...

Dr. Huang Xingang
Laboratory for Concurrent Engineering & Logistics
Department of Mechanical Engineering
National University of Singapore
10 Kent Ridge Crescent
Singapore 119260