Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Joachim Feise <jf...@ics.uci.edu> on 2003/10/14 10:15:41 UTC

Re: [mp1] segfault with Perl 5.8.1 and mod_perl 1.29 SOLVED

Ged Haywood wrote:
> ged@tech:~/src/mod_perl-1.29$ cat makepl_args.mod_perl
> EVERYTHING=1
> DO_HTTPD=1
> USE_APACI=1
> ged@tech:~/src/mod_perl-1.29$
>
> I'd be happy to give it a spin with different configurations if you like.

I was trying your configuration, and then tried several permutations, and
found the problem: whenever USE_APACI is missing or USE_APACI=0, the
resulting httpd segfaults.
For example, with
perl Makefile.PL DYNAMIC=1 EVERYTHING=1 or
perl Makefile.PL DYNAMIC=1 EVERYTHING=1 USE_APACI=0, httpd segfaults.
perl Makefile.PL DYNAMIC=1 EVERYTHING=1 USE_APACI=1 gives me a working
httpd.
Thanks for your help.

-Joe

Re: [mp1] segfault with Perl 5.8.1 and mod_perl 1.29 SOLVED

Posted by Joachim Feise <jf...@ics.uci.edu>.
Ged Haywood wrote:

> I think the docs could do with a patch... (hint:).

While it is of course trivial to patch the docs, I think that's the wrong
approach.
What's the point of an option that has to have a specific value?
If the USE_APACI=1 option is required, it no longer is an option and
should be removed completely.
Or, if the option is kept, the cause for the segfault should be fixed.

-Joe

Re: [mp1] segfault with Perl 5.8.1 and mod_perl 1.29 SOLVED

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi Joachim,

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, Joachim Feise wrote:

> I was trying your configuration, and then tried several permutations, and
> found the problem: whenever USE_APACI is missing or USE_APACI=0, the
> resulting httpd segfaults.
> For example, with
> perl Makefile.PL DYNAMIC=1 EVERYTHING=1 or
> perl Makefile.PL DYNAMIC=1 EVERYTHING=1 USE_APACI=0, httpd segfaults.
> perl Makefile.PL DYNAMIC=1 EVERYTHING=1 USE_APACI=1 gives me a working httpd.

Aw, heck.  I was just in the middle of writing a message to you about
this when your message came in!  Glad you got it working.  :)

I think the docs could do with a patch... (hint:).

73,
Ged.