Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Ram <Ba...@Sun.COM> on 2006/06/14 18:20:49 UTC

Need help in sending mail using UTF-8

Hi,

I m trying to send a mail with chinese characters using Apache Mailer.
So, I need to set the charset as UTF-8.

In my JSP, I m setting the header as <MailTagLib:header
name="content-type" value="text/html;charset=UTF-8" />. This is inside
<mail> tag and before <send> tag. But when the mail is sent, I dont see
the mail with Chinese characters. Instead, I see "???". When I see the
source code for the email, I see that information

Is there anything wrong I m doing. Can you please help me solve this issue.

Thanks
Ram

Re: Need help in sending mail using UTF-8

Posted by Ram <Ba...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks for the response. I did try this putting it in web.xml, but still
no luck. :-(

Thanks
Ram

Posted by William Ross <bi...@ross-consult.com>.