Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Gregory Nutt <sp...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/26 15:11:18 UTC

Release Manager

With all of the talk about work flow, there are several other things
that we need to keep our eye on.  One is releases.

I think that one person on the PPMC should step up and volunteer to
coordinate releases as a Release Manager (RM).  I don't know what all is
involved in the Apache release process but it is fairly complex, we need
an RM to coordinate.  Hopefully, the effort can be shared, but one
person has to put is all together.

Mid-January of 2020 was the next, planned release data for NuttX-8.3.  I
agreed when we started that that we would not worry about making
planned, release dates during the project transition.  I think we are
probably still 1-2 months away from the first Apache NuttX release.  We
need to get past the workflow requirements definition that is sucking
all of the air out of the room now and we must deal with the new Apache
release process. Then we can do the release.  I don't see that happening
until February or March.

Greg

Re: Release Manager

Posted by Disruptive Solutions <di...@gmail.com>.