Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Oleg Cohen <ol...@assurebridge.com> on 2017/11/22 23:20:54 UTC

EIK for Karaf 4.1 vs Bndtools

Greetings,

I have been working with Bndtools for a while but ran into major JAR locking issues on Windows. Also, the more bundles I have in the application mix the more time it would take to rebuild dependencies.

I took another look at EIK and I was able to get it to work for the latest Eclipse Oxygen and Karaf 4.1.3. I would like to pass the code to the Karaf team somehow … Let me know what would be the best way.

Also, I have a question. All works fine with EIK, except at the very beginning, until the boot features are loaded, I get errors about unsatisfied dependencies for my bundles. Is there a way to suppress these warnings from equinox or delay the starting of the components until the features/bundles are loaded.

Thank you,
Oleg

Re: EIK for Karaf 4.1 vs Bndtools

Posted by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no>.
Hm... EIK looks pretty cool...
 https://github.com/apache/karaf-eik

(That said: running a plain karaf and using remote debug from eclipse,
and "bundle:watch *" gives me a pretty good code and debug workflow, as
it is...)

Re: EIK for Karaf 4.1 vs Bndtools

Posted by Oleg Cohen <ol...@assurebridge.com>.
Hi JB,

Sure, I would be happy to do the update. Can you please let me know what
needs to be done and how.

Regards,
Oleg

--
*Oleg Cohen  |  Principal  |  **A S S U R E B R I D G E*
*Office: +1 617 564 0737  |  Mobile: +1 617 455 7927  |  Fax: +1 888 409

Re: EIK for Karaf 4.1 vs Bndtools

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Oleg,

--