Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/03 11:06:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany Zip Plugin Alpha3 RC2

Please vote on releasing the Tuscany Zip Plugin module (RC2).

The change over the alpha2 release is to rename the module from
maven-zip-plugin to tuscany-zip-plugin, see TUSCANY-3861. This RC2
fixes the issue Florian found with the old plugin name still being
referenced.

The tag for the release is:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/maven-plugins/tags/tuscany-zip-plugin-alpha3

The Maven staging repository is:
http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/tuscany-zip-plugin-alpha3-RC2

+1 from me.

   ...ant

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Tuscany Zip Plugin Alpha3 RC2

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Passed with three +1s from me, Florian, and Simon Laws.

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Zip Plugin Alpha3 RC2

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 12:43 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are two answers to that. Firstly the reason the files aren't
> included is because resource includes clause in the pom.xml only
> mentions the LICENSE/NOTICE but not the README so they don't get
> picked up in the built jar, the other reason of why its like that is
> because its never been called out that the jars we release must
> include doc files within them, so this plugin didn't on the previous
> releases and none of the other maven plugins of any of the module jars
> we've released have either.
>
> Its obviously just an oversight and it seems reasonable that those doc
> files would be included and so I've updated trunk for this plugin so
> that they will get included on the next release, but should this block
> this release? IMHO it shouldn't as we've not required it for any other
> jars we've released in the past, leaving this to the next release to
> fix seems ok to me. So I'm hoping someone will still give another +1
> on this vote thread.
>
>   ...ant
>
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Mike Edwards
> <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ant,
>>
>> Why is this famed README not in either of the jar files:
>>
>> tuscany-zip-plugin-alpha3.jar
>> tuscany-zip-plugin-alpha3-sources.jar
>>

>> Yours,  Mike.
>>

>> On 17/06/2011 11:32, ant elder wrote:
>>>
>>> The most comprehensive doc is in the README file, IIRC thats mostly
>>> written by your good self Mike.
>>>
>>>    ...ant

I've tried it and the plugin works. As for the README It is an
oversight that it's not in there but not enough for me to vote against
it so +1 for this release.

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Zip Plugin Alpha3 RC2

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ant,

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
The most comprehensive doc is in the README file, IIRC thats mostly
written by your good self Mike.

   ...ant

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Ant,