Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Dan Christian <dc...@google.com> on 2007/08/08 19:46:37 UTC

no fop? (make doc)

make doc fails to find fop or fop.sh.  Is this is missing file add?

-Dan C

dchristian@tubacity:/usr/local/google/dchristian/OpenSource/svn/subversion$
make doc
cd ./doc/misc-docs && make all-html
make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/google/dchristian/OpenSource/svn/subversion/doc/misc-docs'
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/google/dchristian/OpenSource/svn/subversion/doc/misc-docs'
cd ./doc/misc-docs && make pdf
make[1]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/google/dchristian/OpenSource/svn/subversion/doc/misc-docs'
../tools/bin/run-fop.sh -fo ./svn-misc-docs.fo -pdf ./svn-misc-docs.pdf
(Using '../tools/bin/../fop/fop.sh' for FOP)
../tools/bin/run-fop.sh: line 49: ../tools/bin/../fop/fop.sh: No such file
or directory
make[1]: *** [svn-misc-docs.pdf] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/google/dchristian/OpenSource/svn/subversion/doc/misc-docs'
make: *** [doc-misc-docs-pdf] Error 2

dchristian@tubacity:/usr/local/google/dchristian/OpenSource/svn/subversion$
ls doc/tools/
Makefile.base-rules       bin/                  fo-stylesheet.xsl
svnbook.el
Makefile.base-vars        chunk-stylesheet.xsl  html-stylesheet.xsl  xsl@
base-html-stylesheet.xsl  dtd/                  readme-dblite.html

dchristian@tubacity:/usr/local/google/dchristian/OpenSource/svn/subversion$
ls doc/tools/bin
find-xsl.py*  run-fop.sh*

Re: no fop? (make doc)

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.
David James wrote:
> On 8/8/07, Dan Christian <dc...@google.com> wrote:
>> make doc fails to find fop or fop.sh.  Is this is missing file add?
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> This error confused me too when I read your email. It turns out,
> though, that in order to build the PDF documentation, you need to
> download FOP. The instructions for installing FOP are in section II(3)
> of http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/doc/HOWTO.DocBook

Also, `make doc-api' can be run to build just the doxygen html docs.

> Perhaps we should update run-fop.sh to print a more helpful error
> message, which explains that you need to install FOP according to the
> instructions in HOWTO.DocBook?

-Hyrum

Re: no fop? (make doc)

Posted by David James <ja...@cs.toronto.edu>.
On 8/8/07, Dan Christian <dc...@google.com> wrote:
> make doc fails to find fop or fop.sh.  Is this is missing file add?

Hi Dan,

This error confused me too when I read your email. It turns out,
though, that in order to build the PDF documentation, you need to
download FOP. The instructions for installing FOP are in section II(3)
of http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/doc/HOWTO.DocBook

Perhaps we should update run-fop.sh to print a more helpful error
message, which explains that you need to install FOP according to the
instructions in HOWTO.DocBook?

HTH,

David