Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Huajie Wang <be...@apache.org> on 2023/01/28 04:53:03 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache StreamPark(Incubating) 2.0.0-RC2

Hello Incubator Community:

This is a call for a vote to release Apache StreamPark(Incubating)
version 2.0.0-RC2

The Apache StreamPark community has voted on and approved a proposal to
release
Apache StreamPark(Incubating) version 2.0.0-RC2

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Apache StreamPark, Make stream processing easier! easy-to-use streaming
application development framework and operation platform.

StreamPark community vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/5xl7ox51nxzz80lxw0tfvpqxr8gljwgm

Vote result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/j9xrdf6pjnchnw8kqtzsjd9mr70v9fxd

The release candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/streampark/2.0.0-RC2/

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampark/releases/tag/v2.0.0-rc2

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachestreampark-1007/

The artifacts signed with PGP key [5AE01B8E], corresponding to [
benjobs@apache.org], that can be found in keys file:
https://downloads.apache.org/incubator/streampark/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

More detailed checklist please refer:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist

Steps to validate the release, Please refer to:
• https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html
• https://streampark.apache.org/community/release/how-to-verify

How to Build:

1) clone source code:
> git clone -b v2.0.0-rc2 git@github.com:apache/incubator-streampark.git

2) build project:
> cd incubator-streampark && sh ./build.sh

Thanks,

On behalf of Apache StreamPark(Incubating) community

Best,
Huajie Wang

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache StreamPark(Incubating) 2.0.0-RC2

Posted by Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jan 28, 2023 at 9:52 PM Huajie Wang <be...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Justin:
>
> Thanks for your feedback, it is really redundant to mention in the NOTICE
> file, We will fix it.
I checked the source package and I'm pretty sure your mvnw.cmd and
mvnw files are sourced from the maven-wrapper project.

> Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2023年1月28日周六 21:44写道:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > > 2. NOTICE is OK but I’m not sure if the maven wrapper code is included in
> > > the source release?
> > >
> > > the maven wrapper code is not included in the source code[1]
> >
> > Then why is it mention in the NOTICE file?
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> > Justin

Best wishes!
CalvinKirs

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache StreamPark(Incubating) 2.0.0-RC2

Posted by Huajie Wang <be...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin:

Posted by Huajie Wang <be...@apache.org>.
Thanks for review and feedback, streampark project does included the source
code of the maven-wrapper project,
We will add the license information of  maven-wrapper to LICENSE file.

Best,
Huajie Wang

kezhenxu94 <ke...@apache.org> 于2023年1月28日周六 22:15写道:

Posted by kezhenxu94 <ke...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Huajie Wang <be...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Thanks for your review, we'll fix the problems you mentioned.

We need to fix some license related issues:

1. LICENSE is missing license information for fonts under

we'll remove google-fonts from the front-end module,

2. NOTICE is OK but I’m not sure if the maven wrapper code is included in
the source release?

the maven wrapper code is not included in the source code[1]

3. The last RC mentioned other 3rd party software in the source release -
has it been removed?
Yes, we remove the other 3rd party source code[2] in the source release

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampark/blob/dev/mvnw
[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampark/blob/dev/.mvn/wrapper
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampark/pull/2195

If anything is wrong please let us know, this vote is closed.

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2023年1月28日周六 16:36写道:

Posted by Huajie Wang <be...@apache.org>.

Posted by Shaokang Lv <lv...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

I checked:
    1. All download links are valid
    2.The source and distribution packages already exist
    3. Checksum and signature are OK
    4. LICENSE and NOTICE are exist and NOTICE  file year is ok
    5. Build successfully on MacOs M1

陈卓宇 <mo...@gmail.com> 于2023年1月28日周六 15:17写道:

Posted by 陈卓宇 <mo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)