Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/18 11:44:50 UTC

Fixed Footer for Tables/Grids

Hi to all,
in some applications I've found useful the feature to have fixed (not
scrollable with table data, like header) footers in data tables, for
example a row with total amounts, etc ... very useful in OLAP
applications.

What do you think ?

Bye,
Sandro

Re: Fixed Footer for Tables/Grids

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ok.

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
It's certainly not a bad idea - just a lot of work :)  I'd say let's see if
we get requests from users based on real needs so we don't just invent work
for ourselves.  Unless of course you're volunteering to do this, in which
case, feel free to prototype it :)

-T

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
> For what it's worth, I'm
> not sure any other toolkit supports such features in scroll panes.

As far as I know, Swing's JScrollPane only supports row and column
headers, same as Pivot's ScrollPane. The WPF ScrollViewer class
doesn't support any kind of headers. Not sure about other toolkits.

Re: Fixed Footer for Tables/Grids

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
Funny you say that - I actually had a use case for such a thing in an app
that I wrote recently, though I found a different way to go about it that
was much simpler.  It'd be up to ScrollPane to provide a column footer and
row footer, which would then mean that instead of providing a corner
component, it'd have to provide a top left corner, top right corner, etc.
It'd be a lot of work and impact ScrollPane's performance, so unless the use
cases are strong, it's probably not worth doing.  For what it's worth, I'm