Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "BLIS Webmaster (Patrick Houbaux)" <we...@blis-project.org> on 2003/07/10 16:45:47 UTC

JavaBean synchronisation Client/Server

Hi all,

I'm working with a service (that I'm the developper) that exposes some
JavaBean.

As far as I understand the instance of the JavaBean on the client side
is not synchornised with the instance JavaBean on the server side.
i.e: when I modify an attribute of a client instance of the JavaBean, I
have to send this instance to the server and get it back to synchronise
the client and the server. Something like:

Client Side (in C# in .NET):
----------------------------
TestSOAPService service = new TestSOAPService();
TestJavaBean jb = service.createTestJavaBean();
jb.Property = "Hello";

jb = service.synchronize(jb); // synchronize is an operation of my
service that for instance add some information in the server side to
the  instance of TestJavaBean

Is is possible to automatically synchronized the server side of what's
happening on the client side to my JavaBean?

Hope I made it clear :(

Thanks for the info :)
Patrick.

Re: JavaBean synchronisation Client/Server

Posted by James Black <jb...@ieee.org>.
BLIS Webmaster (Patrick Houbaux) wrote:

>> Is is possible to automatically synchronized the server side of
>> what's happening on the client side to my JavaBean?

  You can create a special setter function in your interface that would
call the webservice to update the server's attribute.

  Rather than using
setUser(String user)

use,
syncSetUser(String user)  {
  setUser(user); // This sets the value for the client attribute
  servicelocator.syncUser(user); // This would be the code to call the
web service
}

Re: JavaBean synchronisation Client/Server

Posted by "BLIS Webmaster (Patrick Houbaux)" <we...@blis-project.org>.
Any idea about this question?

Thanks
Patrick.