Posted to users@jena.apache.org by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk> on 2011/03/18 19:14:54 UTC

SquirrelRDF Question

Hello list,

I have a general question relating to the above. I am interested in experimenting with using SquirrelRDF but wish to do some preliminary research in an attempt to learn about real life/production use cases for using the RDF data retrieved as a result of using SquirrelRDF to query a RDBMS. Currently I have a requirement to crawl the web for dynamic data which is sent directly to an index, users can then run queries on this data. If I can justify a use case for SquirrelRDF then I will experiment with storing crawl data in MySQL or something similar. This would enable to keep my existing infrastructure running by use of a simple data import from MySQL to the index but will also enable me to utilise the RDF data retrieved by SquirrelRDF.

I know that this might sound trivial but I am researching within the area of design and construction and IT, so at some point I would be looking to use the RDF data within some sort of application which would solve a problem specific to this domain.

I hope I have explained my situation and would greatly appreciate if someone could shine light on this for me.

Thank you Lewis

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html

RE: SquirrelRDF Question

Posted by "McGibbney, Lewis John" <Le...@gcu.ac.uk>.
Hi Damian,

Thank you for your comments. The D2R material looks chunky enough to get me started.

Thanks Lewis
Posted by Damian Steer <d....@bristol.ac.uk>.