Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeremy Whitlock <jw...@apache.org> on 2006/09/19 22:13:09 UTC

Authz, SVNListParentPath and mod_dav_svn

Hi All,
    I didn't know a good subject for this email so I included all 3 pieces
to the puzzle I am about to ask you for information on.

   Is it a bug or a feature that when using authz, SVNListParentPath always
results in an "Permission Denied" page when accessing the Location root?
This even happens when the authenticated user has full access to all
repositories.

   My next question is how come mod_dav_svn cannot take authorization into
account when listing the contents of a repository?  Once again, is this a
bug or a feature?

Take care,

Jeremy

Re: Authz, SVNListParentPath and mod_dav_svn

Posted by Frank Gruman <fg...@verizon.net>.
Jeremy Whitlock wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I didn't know a good subject for this email so I included all 3
> pieces to the puzzle I am about to ask you for information on.
>
>    Is it a bug or a feature that when using authz, SVNListParentPath
> always results in an "Permission Denied" page when accessing the
> Location root?  This even happens when the authenticated user has full
> access to all repositories.
>
>    My next question is how come mod_dav_svn cannot take authorization
> into account when listing the contents of a repository?  Once again,
> is this a bug or a feature?
>
> Take care,
>
> Jeremy
On issue #1, make sure you write your URI with a trailing slash (my test
server - http://codeserver/code/ )  The system does not know
specifically what you are asking for without it.

On issue #2, I think we need more information.  Did you specify a user
file in your http configuration?  Mine works just fine.

Regards,
Frank

Re: Authz, SVNListParentPath and mod_dav_svn

Posted by Mark <ma...@mitsein.net>.
On 9/19/06, Jeremy Whitlock <jw...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>     I didn't know a good subject for this email so I included all 3 pieces
> to the puzzle I am about to ask you for information on.
>
>    Is it a bug or a feature that when using authz, SVNListParentPath always
> results in an "Permission Denied" page when accessing the Location root?
> This even happens when the authenticated user has full access to all
> repositories.

Feature.  the parent path is not an svn repository.

>    My next question is how come mod_dav_svn cannot take authorization into
> account when listing the contents of a repository?  Once again, is this a
> bug or a feature?

it doesn't?  I protect mine behind another authz scheme i have, so it
has never come up for me.

--
Mark
"Blessed is he who finds happiness in his own foolishness, for he will