Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Tang Yong <ta...@cn.fujitsu.com> on 2013/02/17 09:57:11 UTC

[Ask]About a question of felix bundlerepository

Hi Richard, Team,

Happy new year!

I have a question of felix bundlerepository and want to ask for you.

[Background]
Recently, I am using felix OBR and I have such a requirment as following:

1 I firstly generated a repository based on some OSGi modules.

2 I need to add some Capabilities and Requirements into existed
repository(or resources), that is to say, I want to create some new
Capabilities and Requirements, then add them into existed resources.

[Question]
After I have seen felix OBR(1.6.6) sources, I found that
org.apache.felix.bundlerepository has not offered such interfaces to
meet my scene.

So, could you please give me some suggestion or whether there are
something wrong with me?

Thanks
--Tang

Re: [Ask]About a question of felix bundlerepository

Posted by Tang Yong <ta...@cn.fujitsu.com>.
Noting that Apache Karaf Cave also used felix OBR, however, the project
does not use intefaces from org.apache.felix.bundlerepository, instead,
the project wraps org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.impl and
org.apache.felix.bundlerepository.impl.wrapper into its private package,
in this way, it can use liking ResourceImpl, RepositoryImpl,... classes
and these inner implementation classes have some useful methods such as
addCapability(Capability cap)...

Thanks
--Tang