Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk> on 2015/07/14 16:58:27 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Parent 1-incubating-RC3 Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC3

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Parent 1-incubating-RC3 Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC3

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
OK, I had a go - Andy - do you think you could you check if this is
how you meant?

I added full file-paths to what files are covered by which
license/notice - which cover the RAT exclusions in pom.xml

I left in NOTICE only those that require to be in NOTICE, basically
the Apache-licensed files.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/blob/master/NOTICE

.. which is much shorter. Too short?

I moved all the Creative commons and W3C license stuff to LICENSE.
Their licenses do not require
attribution in particular in the NOTICE file.

I included the OASIS license text.

See bottom of
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/blob/master/LICENSE#L207

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
Reading this again, I believe we do not need to include the PAV
ontology notice lines (Apache license) as it had no such NOTICE file
upstream, and the copyright is also stated within the file.

I'll try to find the the older ODFDOM distro upstream to see if it
included a NOTICE file or not - they also have copyright headers in
file which is why I added it to NOTICE.  (it is also Apache-licensed)

Yes, it's embedded ODFDOM upstream -- this could in theory be adapted
from https://incubator.apache.org/odftoolkit/odfdom/ in the incubator,
but sadly it has a few custom patches that makes updating a bit
trickier. (Really it should be ripped out and replaced by the RO
Bundle API - that is the branch
https://github.com/apache/incubator-taverna-language/tree/ucfpackage-robundle)

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.
So you decided to put the Oracle stuff in the NOTICE because it is third
party code directly in your code base? And the other licenses in LICENSE
are for dependencies?

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
extensively :-/

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Parent 1-incubating-RC3 Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC3

Posted by alaninmcr <al...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ian Dunlop <ia...@manchester.ac.uk>.

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
Stian,

You said there were misleading dependencies. What are they?

Alan

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Apache Taverna Parent 1-incubating-RC3 Apache Taverna Language 0.15.0-incubating RC3

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.