Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by James G Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu> on 2000/07/06 17:20:07 UTC

Re: What is *.xs file?

Sam Xie <sa...@samxie.cl.msu.edu> wrote:
>> Umm this list is for perl as a module in apache
>> not modules for perl...
>>
>Yes! It is for a perl module in apache.  I am going to write a perl module,
>which is capable to read a name list file in AFS for authenticattion and
>authorization.  That's why I am studying on this issue.
>Thanks for your help!
>Sam

I would start with `man h2xs' (only a start), and get _Programming Perl_,
which talks about it some, as does _The Perl Cookbook_, I believe.  Then
there's the perlmodlib, perlxs, and perlxstut man pages.  The first covers
writing perl modules, the second covers the xs interface, and the last is a
tutorial.  After those, you might want to read perlguts (man page covering the
internal functions within perl).  I haven't read through all these, but they
would be my first place to look.
--
James Smith <JG...@TAMU.Edu>, 979-862-3725
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix

Re: What is *.xs file?

Posted by Francesc Guasch <fr...@etsetb.upc.es>.
James G Smith wrote:

> I would start with `man h2xs' (only a start), and get _Programming Perl_,
> which talks about it some, as does _The Perl Cookbook_, I believe.  Then

Advanced Perl programming talks about it also.

--
 - frankie -