Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Ch...@labware.com on 2006/11/30 11:51:21 UTC

Go to the first request if response contains some fixed text.

Dear All,
                    Our test script is very much dependent on regular
expression extractors. The parameterization goes awry if from any of the
page with fixed html in it. We know that if this happens , it means that
the user has to start a new session with the browser. ( which means that
start over again from the first request to the server in case of
jmeter).So far , if this happens, the test has been stopping because the
subsequent requests are not  getting parameterized properly.This is
basically preventing the test to run for ever.
                     Now I would like to script a real life scenario. I
want to do the following:

1.I would like to add assertion to every request to check for the Fixed
String in every response.
2. If the assertion results in a response  that contains that Fixed String
, instead of proceeding further with subsequent requests, I would like
that thread to start over again,meaning that I want to send the very first
request to the server as if the user has started a new session.

My questions are :

Is it possible with Jmeter?
If yes, can some one show me the way and point me to the  elements that
can be used to achieve the above ?

Regards,

Subhrajyoti
Mobile: +919830079545
Mail: choudhury@labware.com
Web: www.labware.com

LabWare LIMS Solutions - Results Count

Re: Go to the first request if response contains some fixed text.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 30/11/06, Choudhury@labware.com <Ch...@labware.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>                    Our test script is very much dependent on regular
> expression extractors. The parameterization goes awry if from any of the
> page with fixed html in it. We know that if this happens , it means that
> the user has to start a new session with the browser. ( which means that
> start over again from the first request to the server in case of
> jmeter).So far , if this happens, the test has been stopping because the
> subsequent requests are not  getting parameterized properly.This is
> basically preventing the test to run for ever.
>                     Now I would like to script a real life scenario. I
> want to do the following:
>
> 1.I would like to add assertion to every request to check for the Fixed
> String in every response.

Just add the Assertion at the same level (or above) the samplers.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/build-test-plan.html#scoping_rules

> 2. If the assertion results in a response  that contains that Fixed String
> , instead of proceeding further with subsequent requests, I would like
> that thread to start over again,meaning that I want to send the very first
> request to the server as if the user has started a new session.

Very difficult, if not impossible at present.

> My questions are :
>
> Is it possible with Jmeter?
> If yes, can some one show me the way and point me to the  elements that
> can be used to achieve the above ?

The only way I can think of at present to achieve this would be to
enclose each sampler - apart from the first - in an If Controller
which is set to skip the sample if an error has occurred.

Very tedious to implement, but it might work.