Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/13 18:55:09 UTC

What should be the openejb release number used for Geronimo.

I'm getting the openejb snapshot that David Blevins created for the M1
release ready for a release vote, and I was wondering what version
number should be used for these jars.  These will be released under the
org.apache.geronimo.openejb groupid and currently is building with a
version number of 3.1.3-r942249.  I'm wondering if this should be the
org.apache.geronimo.ext.openejb groupid to be consistent with how we're
handling the tomcat external release.  The Tomcat external release used
a version number of 7.0.0.0, with the last digit reflecting the Geronimo
version number.  Should we follow this convention for the openejb
release, or stick with the release number than includes the origin
revision number?

Rick

Re: What should be the openejb release number used for Geronimo.

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
On 5/13/2010 1:11 PM, David Jencks wrote:
> On May 13, 2010, at 9:55 AM, Rick McGuire wrote:
>

>> I'm getting the openejb snapshot that David Blevins created for the M1 release ready for a release vote, and I was wondering what version number should be used for these jars.  These will be released under the org.apache.geronimo.openejb groupid and currently is building with a version number of 3.1.3-r942249.  I'm wondering if this should be the org.apache.geronimo.ext.openejb groupid to be consistent with how we're handling the tomcat external release.  The Tomcat external release used a version number of 7.0.0.0, with the last digit reflecting the Geronimo version number.  Should we follow this convention for the openejb release, or stick with the release number than includes the origin revision number?
>>
> I think the groupId should follow what we did for tomcat.
>
> I think that since this is not a release of a particular openejb svn revision (e.g. we changed the groupId), we should not include an openejb svn revision number in the version, i.e. we should use something like 3.1.3.0
>
> I can be talked out of either of these opinions :-)

I'm pretty much in agreement with those opinions...you won't see me
talking you of them1

Rick

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.